Interested in establishing a plantation on your property? Want to object to a plantation being established? Or do you just want some more information?
Legislation & Codes
Establishing and managing plantations
- Planning plantations – a resource for local government and the plantation sector
- Developing hardwood plantations - information regarding appropriate site preparation, early and maintained weed management, early fertiliser treatment and, sometimes, watering in
- Recent increased interest in the establishment of hardwood species plantations led the State Government to undertake extensive trials and research, the results of which are available to the public.
- Different species are best grown in different regions and there are a variety of species being grown and tested across Queensland . Research programs are developing improved seed/material for selected plantation tree varieties aimed at delivering better growth and wood properties .
- Comprehensive information on what is known about three key hardwood species is also available:
Australian Forest Growers
Ph: 02 6162 9000
Central Queensland Forestry Association
Ph: 07 4921 2420
Private Forest Service Queensland
Ph: 07 5483 6535