AgForests Queensland is a unique partnership bringing together Queensland’s broadacre agricultural producers -AgForce Queensland and the timber industry through Timber Queensland.
AgForests provides field days, workshops, presentations, training and information for producers and industry on:
- Harvest security and investing in private native forests and woodlands
- Native forest practice code - freehold land, plus other rules and regulations
- Selling native timber from remnant (coloured) and non–remnant (white) ‘freehold’ country
- Producing timber and other forest products from your native forests and woodlands
- Primary producer case studies
- Fire and burning - how it can assist in producing native timber
- Forest certification – proving forests are managed in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner
- Property management planning
Agforests is now being delivered through the AgForward program and is available to assist all Queensland primary producers and timber industry personnel, not just AgForce and Timber Queensland members.
Visit the AgForests website
to see how you can benefit from the training and information available.